With a lengthy and fascinating history, the yule log has journeyed through time from pagan midwinter festivals to Christmas hearths to quirky holiday desserts, and now to crepe paper! With The Posey Box Tutorial, you’ll learn how to make your very own yule log that captures the magic of a winter forest and a festive holiday tradition. Once you’ve learned how to build a sturdy and realistic log, you can adapt the tutorial for use all year long by adding flowers, fruit, mushrooms, or anything your creativity fancies.
- With the holidays almost upon us, we would love to show you make this holiday piece that you can place on your table to celebrate the season!
Included are videos, technique, and demos
What you will learn in this tutorial:
- How to create a sturdy log and roots with crepe paper
- How to combine paint and pastel to give your log realistic texture
- Paper used: heavy Chinese crepe paper, kraft paper
- Level of difficulty: 1 (This is a fun activity with kids!)
Color and give life to your paper petals with The Posey Box . . . Join Today!